Equestrians in Norway is a rare species, I can assure you that. Let me give you an exclusive look into the world I come from!
- They wear the varmedress, a piece of warm fashion only worn by kindergarten teachers, hobos and equestrians
- They argue in the Facebook group called Hestedebatt (horse-debate), when the discussions goes crazy, they are thrown out and end up in a group called Hestedebatt-Rebellene (the horse-debate-rebels), and the ones that gets thrown out from that group, continue the important discussion in De ekte Hestedebatt-Rebellene (meaning the real horse-debate-rebels)
- They love Hest.no, and basically all equestrian blogs in Norway can be found on this platform. Hest.no has been live since the stone age, I remember using their logo in fourth grade for a school project. Hest.no for life.
- Every winter, we all become engineers and invents hundred different sorts of frost-free water buckets so our horses can drink water without ice on it
- The best thing in the world is to ride in the snow with a Golden Stripe blanket keeping you warm
- We wear Kingsland simply because Kingsland
- Half of the equestrians in Norway believe their horses simply cannot physically feel cold, the other half prefer to make their horse wear at least three rugs at the same time
- We have developed a special way to walk on ice wearing riding boots, based on the penguin’s walking technique and it is awesome
- We don’t ride without our beloved helmets because we care about our precious Norwegian brains
- When they hate each other, they report their enemy to the almighty Mattilsynet (Food Safety Authority, they are actually responsible of the welfare of horses in this weird country, I mean, horses are friends not food)
- They all remember the time when all the show jumpers wore Tretorn-boots and GPA-helmets
- We take our konfirmasjonsbilder on a horse wearing a bunad
- We don’t read Matilde’s blog that often because it is in English, and often wonder if she is actually from Norway, or a German spy…
Learn Norwegian with Matilde
fjording norwegian fjord horse
bobleplast bubble wrap
det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing
spik spenna gæærn og klin sprø a person who rides bridleless on hacks
Sharing is caring!
Peace, love and Friesian hugs,
Batman & Matilde